Meticulous Execution Of Estate Planning And Probate
Thinking about your own death or disability is not pleasant, but the peace of mind you can gain through estate planning is well worth it. Documenting your intentions regarding property and medical treatment is an essential step for protection of your loved ones from hardship and conflict if something happens to you.
Estate planning is not just for the wealthy and people approaching retirement. Every adult in Tennessee — and certainly those with children and significant property — should have a basic but thorough estate plan. Attorneys at Rogers, Kamm & Shea develop affordable, personalized plans to effectively address the needs of diverse clients in Nashville and surrounding communities.
Call our attorneys at 888-521-9952 to discuss your unique estate planning needs.
We also provide caring, detail-focused and efficient probate representation.
Protection For Your Loved Ones · Solutions For People Of All Ages And Circumstances
Have you recently married or had a child? Do you need a law firm equipped to represent you in your divorce and draft or amend your estate plan? You may have decided it is time to proceed with business succession planning.
From basic wills to sophisticated, carefully planned revocable and irrevocable trusts, we know the full range of tools and asset preservation opportunities available to you. Essential documents in your situation may include any or all of these:
- A will designating heirs and how your assets and property should be distributed
- Powers of attorney designating the person(s) you wish to make financial and medical decisions on your behalf
- A living will (also called an advance directive), often together with a designation of a health care “surrogate” or proxy
- One or more trusts, whether primarily for avoidance of excessive estate taxation and probate complications or to accomplish a specific goal such as providing for a child with special needs
Turn To Tennessee Probate Lawyers With Relevant Litigation Experience
Tennessee probate proceedings are relatively simple from a legal standpoint, but the time demands are considerable and mistakes can be costly. If you are the executor or personal representative of a family member’s estate, our lawyers can provide counsel throughout the process or handle the entire matter while keeping you informed. We often help out-of-state clients settle estates in Tennessee.
Our accomplished trial lawyers also handle probate litigation and appeals, representing beneficiaries, excluded heirs, executors or the estate in matters such as:
- Will contests alleging undue influence over the most recent will
- Allegations of breach of fiduciary duty
- Enforcement of prenuptial agreements
- Contested guardianships of children or adults with special needs
Contact Our Strategic Attorneys To Develop An Estate Plan
You do not have to worry about pressure to purchase services that go beyond your needs at our law firm. For a consultation at our Nashville or Franklin law offices, call 888-521-9952. You may also contact our firm online.