Strong Protection of LGBT Families
At the law firm of Rogers, Shea & Spanos, we welcome the opportunity to meet you and address your important legal concerns, regardless of your sexual orientation or gender identity. We will focus on resolving any immediate problems and help you gain peace of mind about the future. We maintain conveniently located, comfortable offices in midtown Nashville and in Franklin. Our Nashville office offers single occupant restrooms.
Call 888-521-9952 to schedule an appointment with our compassionate lawyers.
Partnership Agreements and Parenting Issues
Many couples make the personal decision not to marry, but recognize the need for a contract that will establish how shared and commingled property will be divided if they break up. Further, it would be difficult to overstate how important it is to have a solid, up-to-date estate plan if you have a life partner who is not a spouse. Our attorneys offer services that include:
- Drafting a domestic partnership agreement or other suitable contract to govern property division if you later decide to end the partnership
- Completing a legally sound dissolution of your partnership, enabling you to move forward without worrying about possible litigation
- Guiding and representing you in any action necessary to establish visitation of children you have parented together
- Developing estate planning documents that effectively address your specific concerns, such as ensuring that your partner is legally empowered to act as your health care surrogate and make decisions on your behalf if you are unable to do so
Same-Sex Marriage and Divorce
Following the Supreme Court’s ruling Obergefell v. Hodges, same sex couples are permitted to marry nationwide. At Rogers, Shea & Spanos we have experienced attorneys who offer services to same sex partners and couples including:
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Divorce proceedings
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Parental Relocation
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Stepparent Adoption
Contact Us For Strategic Counsel
Call our office at 888-521-9952 for strategic counsel from caring attorneys. You may also email our firm online. We will carefully evaluate your family law needs and create an individualized plan that is right for your family.